Saturday 4 January 2014

Getting a Babysitter for the Summer 1


Chapter 1.

"Mom this is crazy! I don't need your boyfriends daughter to babysit me. I am 13."

"Sarah, I did not say that Michelle is staying here to babysit you, but she is 17, and won't that be better then you coming to the daycare with me all summer?" my mother said.

My name is Sarah. I am 13 years old, but mother seems to think that I am still 10 years old. Mom's new boyfriend is leaving for Iraq on contact for the summer, and Michelle his 17 year old daughter is coming to stay with us. Mom has implied that Michelle will be babysitting me for the summer. For the past few years I have had to go everyday to the daycare that my Mother works at. I never really minded going there, because I felt like I was helping out with the kids, more then being one of the little kids being looked after.

Mom has never used the word babysitting but it sure feels like that is what Michelle is going to be doing. I told mom that I do not need to be looked after. She seems to think that I am still to young to stay home by myself all summer, everyday.

For one thing I look older then Michelle. She may be 4 years old then me, but she is at least 4 inches shorter then me. I have met Michelle a few times since my mother starting dating her dad. We have all went out for supper a few times, and it seems to me, everyone that saw us together, thought i was the older one.

Michelle is coming tomorrow morning to stay with us for 2 months. I heard mom on the phone with Doug her boyfriend yesterday. Mom was saying that this will work out good for her, because then she did not have to take me to work everyday.

It's not like I don't like Michelle, but I don't think that she should be babysitting me all summer. Its going to be tight living together also. We only have a 2 bedroom house, so mom set up another bed in my bedroom for Michelle to sleep in. So not only is Michelle going to be around me all day, but all night also. I am use to having my space, since I am an only child and its just been my mom and I for the last 7 years, since my dad left us.

Some how I have to get it through to Mom that I don't need Michelle to look after me. I am not sure how I am going to do that, but I have tonight to figure something out.


Chapter 2.

"Sarah I am not discussing this anymore tonight. You are still to young to be left here all day by yourself. Now go to sleep."

Mom left my room and shut the lights off. I was so mad I knew I could not get to sleep. It seemed that there was no way out of this. It was going to be a long summer staying home with Michelle. I have to figure out a way out of this.

Why should I have to listen to Michelle all summer. I got to thinking, maybe if I could turn the tables. She is much smaller then me so there was no way she could force me to do anything. The only problem is if she tells mom that I did something to her, Mom would come down on me hard. I knew I did not want that. Mom has no fear of spanking me if I do something wrong. She still comes in every night to tuck me in bed, and every morning to wake me up. I have tried to tell her I don't need to be put to bed every night, and don't need to be woken up every morning. Mom never listens and just keeps doing it.

I need to get mom to think of me as the older one. How could I get her to think Michelle was the one needing the babysitter and not me. I opened my laptop and started looking up ways to make some one feel and act younger. I found a website for hypnosis. This could be something I started reading and making notes.

It was 2am before I finished reading all the information about hypnosis. I put my laptop away and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment